Friday, April 27, 2012

Finally the hand has healed...err sorta

Hi All,

Well after 8 weeks of my hand being in a cast/splint I am finally able to use it for something more then a thing to bash my head in my sleep with. I have what is called a gamekeepers thumb, basically I broke the bone in it and I have done some tendon damage.  But the splint is cut down and I am able to colour and decorate my cards. Big YEAH from me.





Tonight I have done a card for my Uncle Guys birthday.  The image is from Mo Manning, I love her images they are so much fun to work with. The saying inside says "Another year older and you still can't dress yourself Oh well happy birthday anyways!  I used copics on it and everything else is from scraps I had already. I do know for sure the green background paper is from my wedding invites and the buttons are from my Mom.... thanks Mom for stocking my craft room :)  I did not write down the colours I used please forgive me I can only do so much. For example it has taken 3 attempts at posting this but every time I am close to done my thumb runs over the mouse pad on the laptop and deletes my whole post. Oh well I finished it now.

I am entering this in the following challenges:
 mos digital challenge . This week is Challenge #132 - Favorite Color Combo with Mo Image
divas by design  - Challenge #32 - Buttons and / or bows
Inky Impressions - anything goes
The Poodles Parlour - anything goes
Bearly-Mine Challenges - Challenge #32 Baby Days
Cards for Men Challenge - Challenge #9 Texture
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge - Challenge #23 Ribbon or Twine
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
CMC Copic Challenge Group - Challenge # 42 Celebrations

Have a great evening
Hugs
Di

7 comments:

Guy said...

You have an uncle Guy? Awesome! Cute card too :)

Joey said...

Fabulous card, gorgeous image and love the paper, thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions. Joey x

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card for a man or boy, love the image and your design. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

~ Barb said...

You must be so relieved to have your coloring hand back! I just love this image too and never thought to use it for a man (although I know several it applies to also, lol), very funny!
Thank-you for sharing with us at The Poodles Parlour!
{Hugs} Barb, DT

Wendy said...

Adorable and gorgeous...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

Patricia St Martin said...

Just fantastic! Your coloring is wonderful. Your image is just darling, love how you did the background. Thanks for joining us at Color Me Creative challenge classroom. I love seeing your creation. Good luck on the challenge.
Hugs, Patricia

Anonymous said...

I have been a loyal reader for sometime now, this will likely be my very first comment. I thought it was eventually time. Thanks