Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hard card to make...




Good morning,

I think we have all had hard cards to make, not because of what is on it or how we had to layer it up but because it was a card that took a lot of emotion, strength, love to make it. This is one of those cards... It was with a very heavy heart that I went down to my craftroom to make this card, most times I am running down those stairs full speed to be able to have a little time to make something new, not last night. I had to make a sympathy card, for a baby. A coworker of mine went off last May to have her and her boyfriend's beautiful son Owen. He was an adorable baby. When I heard the news on Monday night I could not believe it, Owen had gotten pneumonia and died Sat Jan. 30, 2010, he was only 8 months old. I had gone into work yesterday and that was all everyone that worked with her was talking about, so I suggested that I make a card so that all the people that knew her could sign it and one of her very close friends could take it to her. Above are the results of this card, the hardest card to make. I did not want to make it a typical sympathy card because it being for a baby I figured the popcorn bear was a good choice to go with. I hope I am right on this one. I didn't want to have to much on it for a couple of reasons 1) To make is to blingy would take away for the reason for the card, 2) This card is going to be signed by more then 30 people and I don't want it falling apart before it is delivered to our co-worker, our friend, I am a firm believer in the KISS rule ( keep it simple stupid ).

I used dark blue paper and dark blue textured paper, sorry don't know the company that makes it or the name. I purchased it from the Rubber Room. I coloured them with Copic Markers. On the back I finished it off by putting the back of the bear, as Phil, my husband, says it sorta finishes it off.
I hope you like it.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Diane

2 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

OMGosh how sad. I was tearing up looking at your card once I read what it was for. I'm so sorry for the loss of this baby. Your card is so very appropriate. It was very sweet of you to put in so much thought. Best, Curt

sunghee said...

All your creations are wonderful. I especially love alll the stamps you use. LOVELY.

So sad. Words won't describe this tragedy. When I had my second miscarriage, the nurses signed a sympathy card and gave to me. And that was very comforting. But to loose an 8 mo. old son... I can not imagine...